Feed the Children grant awarded For COVID 19 work
Feed the Children is taking action to ensure our neighbors aren’t forgotten. They’re supplying their community partners (like food pantries and soup kitchens) with the bulk items they need to help people. Their trucks are moving across the U.S. to bring support to families who need it. And they expect their work to increase during this time of crisis.
They’re working every day with our community and corporate partners to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry. Whether it’s through door-to-door home delivery, or drive-through pick-up of food, water, and essentials, their community partners are finding new and effective ways to make sure that families get what they need.
Here are the latest updates on their work:
- They’re working with community partners coast-to-coast to make sure food and essentials get into the hands of families who need it most. Whether it’s home deliveries to the elderly or door-to-door meals for students, they are dedicated to supplying our community partners with the resources families need.
- Through donations from corporate partners such as The NASCAR Foundation, StarKist, Teleperformance, Herbalife Nutrition, Tyson Foods, Niagara Bottling, KIND Snacks, Clif Bar& Company, Americold, Avon, Office Depot, Fab Fit Fun, Mattel, Elmhurst Milked and Frito-Lay, they are able to keep trucks rolling down the highway to serve our communities.
- Overseas, Feed the Children is focused on community safety. They demonstrate and model good public health behaviors, encourage good handwashing, and equip community leaders with sanitation practices and educational resources. Hygiene kits and meals will be distributed as needed.
- Feed the Children’s partnership with City Care OKC continues to support those in need. Through this partnership, City Care OKC has distributed over 5,000 books to their students, along with food.
- Feed the Children has delivered 104 cases of ready meals to the Joseph Project Mobile Food Pantry in Western New York, for distribution to those in need.
- In Honduras, Feed the Children has mobilized to ensure that quarantined families have enough to eat. We have donated over 28,000 pounds of fortified rice and sardines, which were delivered to over 2,000 families.